Thursday, September 26, 2013

The BIG Idea!

A few weeks back I mentioned on Facebook that I had a big idea. The problem with big ideas around here is implementing them. Soooo many ideas, not enough time! Except, I LOVED this idea. I loved it a lot. I loved it enough to get it done and show you because I think you will all love it too.

I'll be honest. There are a select few people in my life that have had a peek at this new, wonderful idea and THEY all LOVED it as well.

I know, I know.....get to it already!


As you know, the last item we introduced was the Wooden Monogram Letters. Monograms are popular. I started thinking of ways to make the monogram idea a little more interesting. Why just do the same monograms as everyone else? Then the idea came to me and here it is for all to see.




I struggled with what to call them so for now they're just Initial Name Letters. Kind or boring but I guess, that's what they are after all.

These are BIG. Not everyone-is-talking-about-them big, although I hope that's the case soon, but big as in large.  We cut a large, 24" high letter out of 1/2" thick Baltic Birch (no MDF here!) in the classic, Times New Roman Font. This letter can be finished in a variety of finishes from solid colour to rustic to a shabby chic damask. More finishes will be available in the future.  THEN we cut the name 10" high in a gorgeous, cursive font and attached it to the larger letter. Are they fantastic or what?

The possibilities are endless! My sneak peekers have all been raving about family  names. Last names done instead of a child's name and then the established year added. What a great wedding gift for a new couple or Christmas or anniversary gift for someone who's been married for years!




I love feedback so tell me what you think and don't forget to pin these babies!



Find them on the website here!

No comments:

Post a Comment