Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wainscoting - Yea or Nay?

Photo courtesy of Project Nursery

I'm in the process of coming up with a design for my daughter's room renovation and I'm contemplating putting up wainscoting. I love the look of it and can imagine it well with the design I have envisioned but I'm a little hesitant when it comes to function.

Will it make it difficult when it comes to furniture placement or any type of wall hangings? ie. growth chart, hair bow holder ect. Is it too limiting??

Do you have wainscoting in any rooms? Do you like it? Did you put it up yourself? Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

I appreciate the feedback!

3 comments:

  1. My husband put it up in my son's room to break up all navy painted walls. Probably won't in my daughter's room if her furniture will be white. Now you can get it in sheets, so it's easier to install. I say do it! Or even just a feature wall with it and leave other walls open for your holder/chart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so many different styles too! Oh, decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it! I did that exact colour combo with wainscoting in my girls nursery. I did not go as high though. I did put it in myself (with husbands help) and it wasn't hard. I didn't glue it to the wall though because I wanted the option of taking it off. I love it still. It's been almost 4 years now.

    ReplyDelete